We’ve been pondering karma a lot lately. No matter what beliefs you have, the basic notion of putting good out into the world is pretty universal. Want people to be nice to you? Be a nice person. Want to be treated well? Treat others well. It’s not a perfect theory. There always will be people in your path who are just horrible, plain and simple.
Move past them.
In the meantime, life is just so much better when you can focus on being better. Being happier. Being more grateful.
We’re big fans of the work done by DoSomething.org. Their mission is to encourage teens to do good things and make their communities better. They have a great belief system:
- Believe in young people. Young people have the power to lead. We don’t require old people!
- Trust young people. We provide reliable, easy-to-access information and activation strategies, but young people decide for themselves what to do.
- Celebrate young people. We think all measurable contributions from young people are valuable.
- Respect young people. We understand that young people have diverse abilities and constraints.
- Value young people. Our programs and products are free. We’re not after young people’s money; we want their passion, time, and creativity.
If you know a young person who could use some focus for all their energy, send them, literally, to DoSomething. We could all stand a little extra good energy in our lives.