First of all, HUGE, ninja-size thanks to the Greater Lansing Convention and Visitors Bureau and especially @oldtownbrewcrew for graciously rising to our (we-hope-not-too-pushy) challenge of helping us spread some #lovelansing cheer around town. Because of their generosity, we were armed with two fantastically cool Greater Lansing porcelain coffee cups and 10 “A Tim Cunningham Christmas” CDs, featuring Lansing native and former MSU football player-turned-amazing jazz saxophonist Tim Cunningham.
Armed with many tiny bows, lots of ninja tags and a tank full of gas, the mission began.
First stop: TalkLansing.net’s Tim Nester had been baiting the ninjas on Twitter this week, and he seemed like he might have been in a grumpy mood one or two of those days, so we figured we’d send some cheer his way. He got mug #1 — and we got a nice shout-out from him on his radio show. Thanks, Tim!
Mug #2 rested on the windshield of a car in the Lansing City Market parking lot. Just as the getaway was in progress, two older men came out of the market to find the present waiting for them. Whew. Close call!
Then came the task of finding 10 spots to drop the CDs. The all wound up secured under windshield wipers (save one) in the following spots:
- Lansing Board of Water and Light Receiving
- The pre-op parking area at Ingham Medical Center
- The Boys and Girls Club of Lansing
- Teacher’s parking lot at Pleasant View Magnet School
- St. Lawrence Hospital
- Handed off to a drive-through worker at a West Saginaw Biggby with the request that he give it to the next person through the line
- A Volunteers of America thrift store
- Peckham, Inc. employee lot
- An unattended USPS delivery truck
- The Cristo Rey Community Center
Thanks again to the GLCVB for helping us spread a whole ton of cheer around town today!